Saturday, August 09, 2008

Does bigger mean better? (lessons from Chicago)

Another trip -- another message. I'm home for a couple of weeks now.

Does bigger mean better?

I don't think bigger is always better, I think it depends on the context (I know, just like a lawyer/professor -- the answer is it depends).

While in Chicago, I went to the John Hancock Tower with my wife and kids. The tour options included an audio-video ipod-like device that allowed you to punch in a number that corresponded with numbers on the windows to learn more about the view.


One of the messages from the dark-haired male actor on Friends (David Schwimmer) was that the John Hancock Tower, though shorter than the Sears Tower, was better. He supported this position by saying that although the Sears Tower was taller, it was on the outskirts of the downtown area while John Hancock was right in the middle, where all the action was.


I didn't go to check out the Sears Tower, but I have it from three reliable, related sources that he was right.

The pics are shots from John Hancock to Sears and back. More at my Picasa Album here.

What do you think?

No comments: