Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Personal Growth - thoughts

I often wonder how things seem so disjointed and unrelated while we are experiencing them, but at some point afterwards the dots seem to connect themselves . . . that happens with books, conversations, and just about everything else if I am paying attention.

I started listening to another podcast (can you tell I spend some time on the road?). It's from Fordham University in the Bronx (New York City), and it's titled "Adventures in Transformative Learning." I'm realizing two things: that the Northeast United States and Canada appear to be way ahead of the rest of us for using technology in education (or naybe just sharing what they have learned), and that the term "adult education" is often used to describe non-college education (English as a Second Language - ESL, GED preparatory courses, etc.). OK . . . that's not the track I was on. Let's switch to the term "Adult Learning." I'll change my Edublogs blog now.

No comments: