Thursday, June 22, 2006

Collective thoughts

At this point I am contemplating the "best fit" for the many folders in which I operate. I have many (simultaneous) interests, and for now will leave them in various locations. At some point that will bother me enough to centralize. Until then . . .

I am exploring adult education. One of my passions is Criminal Justice and Homeland Security.

I read a RAND study recently that mentioned and emphasized a need for introducing criminal justice (as a course) into the high schools. OK, maybe I am stretching it a bit -- what the study said was "survey young people to gauge their interest in police work."

My son's high school has Criminal Justice courses, but I am thus far unsure of the experience of the teacher. Is that important? Can anyone with an interest teach high schoolers about Criminal Justice?

The Study is at http://www.rand.org/commentary/052306WP.html.

No comments: